Municipal Clerk


FAQs for Municipal Clerk

Who Is The Municipal Clerk And Where Is He/She Located At Town Hall? 
The Municipal Clerk is Betsy Sicard, her hours are as follows:

     » Board of Selectmen's Office
        •Mon, Tues, and Thurs, : 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
        •Wednesday:  9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
        •Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
What Is A 'Municipal Clerk'?
The Municipal Clerk works in the Selectmen's Office for the Selectmen and assists the Administrative Coordinator.  The Municipal Clerk is also available to help other Boards and Committees (i.e. Conservation Commission, Recreation Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, etc.) when they are in need of assistance.  The Municipal Clerk is also responsible for the duties of the Administrative Coordinator during the Coordinator's absence.   

The Municipal Clerk is also the contact person for the Board of Health.  You can contact her directly at 413-422-2800 Ext. 101 or by email at with any Board of Health questions or concerns.

What Else Does The Municipal Clerk Do?
The Municipal Clerk in the Town of Erving is also the assistant to the Town Clerk.  Therefore, the Municipal Clerk is available to do dog licenses, certified marriage, birth and death certificates, look up vital record information and assist with voter registration and questions.  The Municipal Clerk, as Assistant Town Clerk is also responsible for the duties of the Town Clerk in his/her absence (i.e. town meetings, swearing in of newly elected and appointed officials, etc.).

Can I Contact The Municipal Clerk With General Questions?
Absolutely!  You can either reach the Municipal Clerk by email at, or you can call the Municipal Clerk at 413-422-2800 Ext. 101 and she will help you with your concerns or questions as efficiently as possible. Please be sure to leave a detailed message if she is not immedialely available and she will contact you as soon as possible.  If she cannot help you, she will direct you to the appropriate person(s) who can.

Updated 01/12/2015

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
(Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410,
or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).