Pistol Permit & FID Information

The Erving Police Department is currently using the computerized MIRCS system.  This system is part of the Masschusetts Department of Criminal Justice Information Services (DCJIS) and helps process pistol permits and FID cards faster and with more accuracy.

Permit application hours are during regular station hours:  Monday & Wednesday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Tuesday & Thursdays from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Applicants do not have to bring pictures as in the past, they are generated through the computer camera.

The cost of a pistol permit and FID cards are $100.00. If you are over 70 the fee is waived and the permit is free.  If you are 15 to 18 years of age the FID fee is $25.00.  Accepted is cash, check or money order only and must be paid at the time of application.

Please bring your old permit and driver's license with you when you apply.  If you are a new applicant make sure to bring either your hunter education course certificate or your firearms safety course certificate as well.

If you are over 18 and you have a chemical propellant permit ONLY, you no longer need to renew this permit.  In August 2014 the law was changed to allow residents of the Commonwealth to purchase and carry Pepper Spray with out a permit, if they are over 18.  If you are under the age of 18, you would still  need to apply for the Chemical Propellant FID.

Please be aware that once your LTC/FID expires it is expired, there is no longer a grace period. If you renew your license prior to the exiration date then and only then does that permit become indefinate unitl you receive the new permit.

If you have any questions regarding pistol permits or FID cards please call Officer Beth Kaczenski at 413-423-3310 during the above hours.

If you have any problems, questions, or concerns please do not hesitate to call me at 413-423-3310.

Chief Christopher M. Blair

Updated 09/22/2015


In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
(Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410,
or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).