12 Olive Street, Greenfield, MA 01301
The Town of Erving is a member of the Franklin County Cooperative Inspection Program. The program emcompasses all aspects of building including permits for commercial, industrial and residential purposes as well as Plumbing, Gas and Electrical Permits. This includes miscellaneous items such as pools, decks, sheds, carports, interior and exterior renovations as well., etc.
Franklin County Cooperative Inspection Program Representative
Frequently asked Questions
- We cannot use paper applications. Don't worry--if you need help or a computer, both are available at the FCCIP office and some town halls.
- Applicants no longer have to acquire signatures on the application--this will be done on-line.
- Applicants can pay for the permit on-line with a check routing number or credit card. On-line payment is highly encourage, but we will accept checks made out to FRCOG for a limited time.
- Applicants who register(this takes less than 5 minutes) will have the ability to do the following:
- Have some information auto-fill on application.
- View the status of all permits applied for.
- Edit the application before the permit is issued.
- Add attachments(plans, pictures, specs, etc.) to the project.
- Chat with inspectors.
- Pay for the permit on-line anytime before the permit is issued
- Print the permit as soon as it has been issued.
- View inspection results.
- Applicants who do not register, may apply for and pay for permit(plumbing, electrical, and some small building permits), but will not have the ability to any of the above-mentioned items.
- In order to register, the applicant must have a valid e-mail address.
- You must create an account.
- As a contractor, you can choose up to two types of licenses/registrations.
- You will receive an e-mail notification and access code that you will have to verify once.
- Using your id and password, you can log in and don't have to worry about supplying name, address, phone number, e-mail, or license info when you fill out a future application.
Filling out the Application
- Choose your site address from a drop-down menu.
- Choose appropriate application from drop down menu.
- For some type of building applications, you will be prompted to submit an attachment. If, for some reason you cannot complete an attachment, you may submit the application and edit it at another time. (If you are a registered user).
- After filling out permit application and submitting, hit the "preliminary application" button and you will be able to pay for permit on-line (you must have a valid e-mail address to pay on-line).
- If you cannot pay for the permit on-line, mail or hand deliver a check made out to FRCOG for the appropriate amount to FCCIP, John W. Olver Center 12 Olive Street, Greenfield, MA, 01301.