COUNCIL ON AGING/SENIOR CENTER
• Congregate Meal site: Mon, Wed & Thur sign in person or call in by 11:00 am the day before.
• Meals-on Wheels: Call for information on the program and where to sign up for home delivery. # 413-423-3308.
• Sandwich Tuesday & Pizza Friday: Must sign up by Friday for Tuesday's Lunch. Pizza Friday must sign up by Thursday. 413-423-3649.
• Van Transportation: Our Erving FRTA van will pick up Erving Senior residents during hours of operation. This includes medical appointments, delivery to & from the senior center, shopping and other errands when van is available. All trips must be scheduled in advanced with Paula to assure your needs are accommodated. All wheelchair accessible. Shopping: 2nd & 4th Friday of every month. Must call for reservation.
• Medicare Van Rides: Please call FRTA direct to schedule your ride: 413-774-2262
• Out Reach Programs provided: Blood Pressure Clinic: first Wednesday of every month 9:30 – 10:30 am no charge. Foot Clinic: First Thursday of every month 8:15- 10:00 Cost is $8.00 first come first served no appointment needed. Brown Bag Program: Food for elders provided by the Food Bank of Western MA. Register @ the senior center. All qualified recipients can pick up their bag of groceries the first Thursday of every month after 11:30 am for a small donation. SNAP Councilor available see monthly calendar for dates she is scheduled to be at the center SHINE: (serving the health insurance needs of everyone) the center provides referral service as well as Councilor services see monthly calendar for dates SHINE will be at the center. TRIAD: Stops by weekly. We also use their service as needed to support /protect our seniors. Small Home Repair & Safety Installations Services: EOEA & Life Path Inc. has provided a grant to support seniors in need of small home repairs. The grant covers the cost of labor you provide the materials needed for the repair.
Weekly Fitness & Exercise Programs Provided at the Center:
Monday: 9:00 Tia Chi, 10:00 HBBO (osteo) exercise
Tuesday: 8:45 Chair Aerobics, 10:00 Stretch & Balance
Wednesday: 8:45 Line Dancing Class, Chair Yoga
Thursday: Aerobics (fast paced) 10:00 Healthy Bones & Muscle
Friday: 9:00 Bowling Fun & Exercise (French King Bowling Center)
Weekly Activities Provided at the Center N/C Donations Always Welcome
Monday: New activity coming soon
Tuesday: 12:30 Crafty Seniors new craft project monthly
Wednesday: 12:30 Bingo Lots of fun, laughter & snacks
Thursday: 12:30 Creative Coloring calm, relaxing very well received
Friday: 9:00 Quilting Workshop, 12:30 Painting Class
Pool Table: Available every day during open hours.
Exercise Equipment: Available every day during open hours.
COA Members & Officers (meeting take place 2nd Tuesday of every month)
Paula D Betters Director
COA Van Drivers (FRTA)
William Meuse & Harold Jenson
Golden Cane Committee members
Carole Lyman, Leo Parent Jr. Bruce Bezio, David Brule
Senior Housing Feasibility Committee
William Bembury - Selectboard Representative
Senior/Community Center Use Form Contract for room rental. Must be filled out and brought to center with deposit & conformation of date reserved.